Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dream Anything



Who said that we were ever suppose to stop dreaming? 

When I was in kindergarten, our elementary counselor came to our class and had us draw pictures of what we wanted to be when we grew up. She dumped crayons on our desks and gave us all a white sheet of paper. No one seemed to hesitate and began scribbling and coloring the stories of who they dreamed to be. I wanted to draw myself with a microphone in my hand, singing songs on a stage. Did I do that? Nope. I looked around and saw the other drawings that every other girl made. Princess. Doctor. Vet. Princess. Princess. Doctor. I wanted to be a singer. Instead, I drew a princess.
After we were finished with our drawings, the counselor gathered them all up in a pile. A week later, on our way to lunch, we all saw our pictures taped to the wall in the hallway. I loved seeing them, but was so sad that I didn't draw myself as the singer I hoped to be. 

This memory is seriously stuck in my memory. I have looked back on this memory a lot. Because of this simple experience as a little girl, I have promised myself to accomplish my dreams no matter what everyone else is doing. We aren't required to do any certain thing. 

It seems to me like the more I look around, the more I see people doing things with their lives because it's the most acceptable thing to do. Some of you are going to school for something that you have absolutely no desire to do (if you're being completely honest with yourself). You're not passionate about what you're doing and you feel completely unhappy. Or maybe you're happy, you just wish you would have done things differently. Well, good news. You're not done yet. Go do what you love. Go do it before it's too late, because NOTHING is impossible. People don't just accomplish their dreams from luck. They work hard and they have a vision. 
You have the ability to do anything you can dream of. 
Dream wisely. Dream anything.
Don't worry about how. Just do it. Take it one step at a time and do not give up.

I hope I have inspired someone out there. Do whatever it takes to accomplish your wildest dreams.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law is happy." Proverbs 29:18

2 comments: