Monday, August 1, 2016

We Get Stronger



My brothers,
count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations and hard times;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works your patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire,
lacking nothing.
James 1:2-4

This verse has been repeating itself in my head for years now. 
I didn't get why at first. But over and over and over it shows up in my life.

"Yes, I know, Jesus. I know that hard times make me patient. I think I know that by now."

I literally said that, and as soon as I did, I realized that it's not that He thinks I haven't learned my lesson on patience. It's just that.. this life isn't going to be easy. I'm not sure why I thought that someday it would. 

It doesn't get easier.

No, it doesn't get easier. It doesn't. I used to tell people that it did. I truly thought it would. I have waited for it and no.. it's not going to happen. Things are hard. Life is hard.

But you know what? We get stronger.
We get stronger than we ever thought we could.
We are never going to have it all together. We are never going to know what to do next 100% of the time. 

Patience is knowing this. Patience is not letting situations or emotions control you, but remaining faithful to the hope you have that good is to come.

There's a light up ahead.

Even though things don't get easier, we have a source of strength that will never fail. The source that never runs out of power. Stay plugged in. Make sure your outlet isn't something that runs out of power. 

Jesus is the only One who can give it all and not run out.

Be careful what you wish for.

Stay grateful.

This life is a gift and there is so much beauty to be found in it.

Don't stay so focused on your shadow that you forget about the light around you.

You are more than enough for this life.

You are worth the fight.

Keep going.

It will be okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment