Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prayer for the Self Condemned





In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears. Psalm 18:6

He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. 
He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me. 
Psalm 18:16-18

Since I was born, I have had an aching desire to do what is right. You have, too. Since we have it in our fleshly beings to do wrong at times, this can seem like a lie, but I promise you that in all of us... somewhere... there is a will to do good.
Something hard for me to remember at times is that I cannot always be good or expect myself to be perfect. Apostle Paul said Himself that there is not one good person that doesn't sin. The thing about sin is that it keeps us separated from the creator and Savior, Jesus. It keeps us away from Him because we let our hearts and minds pull at us to the point where condemnation seeps in. "You are not good enough and you never will be. You're a monster. You were never worth the fight, so you should just stop breathing." These thoughts have echoed in my head since day one. This is called condemnation.

Promise.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who don't walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 
Romans 8:1-2

I know that if you've been raised in church, there's a good chance that you've heard this scripture, but don't let yourself become numb to it as I had. It's a legit promise that holds a fire. You are not condemned. You are not a monster. You are a light and royalty. Do not let anyone or anything steal your crown, your authority. 

Jesus, 
please take away all that is rotten in me. Use me as a vessel to free others from the spirit of condemnation in Jesus name. You died for our freedom, so I command every evil spirit set out against us in Jesus name to leave. Whoever is reading this will feel and know that You are with them and You love them. You have never left us hanging, so Jesus, please help us see this for ourselves. You are a good God, and You know us deeper than just our first names. 
I pray for freedom. Maybe we don't exactly know what we need freed from, but Jesus, free us. Take our shackles and our bounds. Make us free for Your Love. Thank You for never leaving us in the fire alone. You are here with us now. Thank You for loving me.
I plead the blood of JESUS over everyone who sees this. They will encounter You like never before in Jesus name. You call us by our name.
In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment