Friday, April 8, 2016

Perception Shift



"It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply."

I'm tired of the perception I have of myself. I didn't realize how bad it was until I came to YAC to a home away from home. It was when I began to do things on my own that I was forced to look within myself and see who I really am.
 
To be honest..
I'm constantly down on myself as I try to lift up others, but I can't do this any longer. It's began to catch up with me and I'm finally worn. 

But "Come to Me," He says, "all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Seeing who I am has been hard for me. I always thought of myself this certain way, but I was molding myself to be something that wasn't me this whole time. Now, I'm learning to accept me for who I am. 

Lately, my brain is a jumbled mess regarding the thoughts I think towards myself; a roller coaster of feelings and words. 
I want to know who I really am, and I want to be happy about what I see in myself. 

The next 30 days I will be challenging myself on this blog publicly. I will not accept this faulted negative mindset of my reflection, both inner and outer. 

Thank You Jesus for Your constant love.
Thank You Jesus for my eyes, which see things most people do not see.
Thank You Jesus for this loving heart of mine, which was modeled after yours. 

Thank You for Your waterfall of Love.

“For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.””
Jeremiah 31:25 ESV

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.””
Matthew 11:28-30 ESV

“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
Romans 8:1 ESV

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
Ephesians 2:8-10

Thank You Jesus for making me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment